After the success of that the Parks and Recreation special on April 30, NBC announced that there would be an hour-long 30 Rock particular airing on July 16 at 8 p.m., Yes, all of your favorites — such as
- Tina Fey (Liz Lemon),
- Alec Baldwin (Jack Donaghy),
- Tracy Morgan (Tracy Jordan),
- Jane Krakowski (Jenna Maroney),
Jack McBrayer (Kenneth Parcell), and perhaps a couple more — will be returning because, as Kenneth that the Page would put it, “there are only two things [they] enjoy in this universe, tv, and everyone.”
Contrary to the Parks and Recreation particular, which concentrated solely on the cast of the show, the 30 Rock unique will also include celebrities from additional NBCUniversal displays, which means we are in for one hell of a crossover event. A unique centered on bringing”together movie, advertising, and humor” is right up 30 Rock’s street as the series has ever been known for ridiculous product positioning and less-than-subtle nods to patrons. While the chances of us knowing for sure how the episode Will work before it airs are only 15 items we imagine will occur:
- Liz spends some of the episode” working on her nighttime “
- Jenna breaks into song or threatens to”slide a sip.”
- Tracy hides out in Africa, only for all to realize he’s really in New York.
- Kenneth seems in puppet form.
- Jack includes a breakdown since he is not handling being alone well.
- Angie Jordan announces her second single, “My Second Single Is Dropping,” is dropping.
- Frank Rossitano alters hats the entire time, likely to other NBC shows.
- Drew Baird has difficulty working his laptop with his hook hands.
- Danny Baker shows up late since nobody told him precisely what was happening.
- Chris Chros spends all his time with a hot dog, before pulling out a guitar.
- There is a throwback to some of 30 Rock’s most excellent bogus shows, such as MILF Island or B*tch Hunter.
- After becoming promoted to President of NBC, Kenneth announces he’s happier as a page and is stepping down.
- Liz and Jack will be doing everything they can to incorporate every new show on the NBCUniversal docket before asking, “Can we have our money today?”
We can’t wait to get reunited with the 30 Rock team on July 16. Meanwhile, here’s footage of people waiting for the episode.